Re: [Swftools-common] wav2swf

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] wav2swf
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:09:13 +0200

Hi Alan,

<snip>
..Sony email is for business use only.
</snip>

So, should we consider this request for business use, or your own personal
listening pleasure, Alan? ;o)

>I am looking a simple application like your wav2swf but with a bit more
>functionality :)

The wav2swf *utility* does a specific job, i.e. it converts a wave audio file
to an swf.  No more, no less.

>The main thing I would like is a progress bar

wav2swf isn't an application, per se, and there is no reason why it should
display a progress bar.

However, it's perfectly possible to write an 'SWF application' using
swfc/AS2/AS3
script that plays back a converted wave file, and in doing so displays a
'progress bar', and/or other information.

>It would be nice to have a graphic even nicer to have a user definable graphic.

>Perhaps you know of similar tools that can do this?  Or perhaps you would
>consider enhancing your wav2swf program?

All the above can be done using swfc/AS2/AS3

Basically, what you're looking for is a small audio player, right?   If so,
what's
wrong with using WinAmp, Foobar2000, or any of the other graphic audio players
out there?  Why use an swf format file?  An embedding problem?

>Hope you can help,

Try the off the top question again.  If you want such a beast and feel unable to
program it yourself, then I'm sure one of us could do it for you.  Should this
happen to be for commercial use, then maybe a donation to the project coffers
or similar would grease the programming wheels?

Regards,

Chris.