Re: [Swftools-common] embedding audio-stream in swf?

From: andersvi
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] embedding audio-stream in swf?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:29:19 +0200

    C> You are then given the choice to amend the current global
    C> settings by being redirected to following Adobe site,

    C>   http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/
    C> settings_manager04.html

    C> ( at which point FF borks, and Opera sails through ).

This might be the cause of my sorrows, im having troubles here.
swf-files without non-local streams run fine in Opera, but the
settings_manager at the macromedia site displays as if no css or
something, white, pale, non-layout, and tells me i need flashplayer?!

Trying to download it seems to rely on me having flashplayer installed?
I can choose which version of FP id like to install for my system, but
theres no way to start downloading...

Will do more research here.  But, Opera usually works with
flash-content, what have i got in my Opera then?

about:plugins tells me:

Shockwave Flash
application/futuresplash                FutureSplash Player     spl
application/x-shockwave-flash           Shockwave Flash         swf
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flashplugin-alternative.so

    C> Worth maybe disabling swf-dec as well ( not something I use )?
    C> It could easily be getting in the way.

Thats just a cli to play swf-files (from swftools i beleive).

    C> May one ask enquire as to your rough location?
    >>
    >> Of course, i live just outside Oslo.

    C> Nice.  True what wikipedia says?  Still the worlds most expensive
    C> city?

Dont know where it is on the ranking-lists, and obviously it depends
much on what you use your money for...