Re: [Swftools-common] (OT) changing fps in videos

From: Jean-Sebastien Gasse
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] (OT) changing fps in videos
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:03:56 -0400

If we are talking about swf, the easiest way to do so is to have an audio stream (on the timeline) in the swf. Swf favours audio for syncing so it will bump up or down the frame rate of all the swfs accordingly to that specific one. If the swf does not have any audio, you can embed one, a silence, and set the compression to maximum to keep the size to a minimum.

Obviously this probably will not work (I never tried) if the swf with different frame rate are onscreen at the same time.

2010/9/12 Chris <address@hidden>
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:25:39 +0200
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> since it is impossible to embed videos in a single SWF file with
> different frame rates (and embedding is mandatory in my case), I would
> like to know how how could I set the fps of a video removing also
> unnecessary frames automatically.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo

Since there are a lot of video formats out there,  I presume that
when you say 'video', you are referring to another swf?   If so,
then I'd guess it's not impossible to have differing frame rates.
Merely awkward.

Presumably you are starting your movies by ( and thus controlling
both with ) script?  If so, when counting the passing frames perhaps
you could use something like,

        {.. your code here }

along with a counter variable to keep them in sync?

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.

Au plaisir,