Re: [Swftools-common] Flash Extractor 2.2.0

From: Chris Ohmstede
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Flash Extractor 2.2.0
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 03:36:58 -0700

 On 09/06/2010 03:02 AM, Rumán Sándor wrote:
Mon, 06 Sep 2010 02:23:29 -0700 -n
Chris Ohmstede<address@hidden>  írta:

   On 09/06/2010 01:13 AM, Rumán Sándor wrote:
Sun, 05 Sep 2010 23:49:17 -0700 -n
Chris Ohmstede<address@hidden>   írta:

    Flash Extractor now converts pdf and wav files via pdf2swf and
wav2swf.  I've also added a pdf viewer and a wav player in the main
window.  This app is getting to large to list all the features so
please check out the web page (I've got the link below.)

Chris

web: http://flashextractor.sourceforge.net/

home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/flashextractor/

Thank You!
I see the future:

"Flash Extractor now is the gui of swftools.
I made a simple graphical interface for swftools, please test, and
send me opininions!

Chris" :)

Now I try  to compile Flash Extractor under Ubuntu 10.04. The
previous version was very useful. Thanks again!

Hi Rumán
A quick note of the new dependencies.  To view the pdf and play the
sound, I added 2 new libraries.  They're common and should be easy to
find.  Here they are:

poppler-glib
gstreamer-0.10

In Fedora:
poppler-glib-devel-*
gstreamer-devel-0.10.*

In Ubuntu:
libpoppler-glib-dev
libgstreamer0.10-dev

Thanks for the complement and let me know if you have any problems
with it.

Chris

Hi Chris!

I tried to compile, but I got the nex message:

address@hidden:/progik1/linux_progik/FlashExtractor-2.2.0$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for FLASHEXTRACTOR... configure: error: Package requirements
(gtk+-2.0>= 2.16 gthread-2.0
    gnome-vfs-2.0>= 2.2
    gconf-2.0
    swfdec-gtk-0.9
    poppler-glib
    gstreamer-0.10) were not met:

No package 'swfdec-gtk-0.9' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
FLASHEXTRACTOR_CFLAGS and FLASHEXTRACTOR_LIBS to avoid the need to call
pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I see  which packages are missing, but I can't find them between the
Ubuntu packages. What have to search? Please help!

BTW: My familiar name is Rumán, my first name is Sándor (Alexander),
because I'm hungarian.

Hi Sándor
(I'm sorry, I've been to New Zealand, Australia, and some tropical islands, but besides that, I've spent my life in the US so my international skills are a bit weak. Live and learn, anyway)
Here is the package you need to install:

In Ubuntu
libswfdec-0.8-dev

My app will accept swfdec 0.9 or 0.8. This should have you set up. Give it a try and let me know how it works out.

Chris