Re: [Swftools-common] Incorrect character in conversion using -s storeal

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Incorrect character in conversion using -s storeallcharacters parameter
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:36:07 -0700

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 09:24:17AM +1200, Erik Engstr?m <address@hidden> wrote:
> PDF2SWF seems to have an issue with converting/embedding text in some
> actionscript 9 converted documents. I have only seen it happening to
> the character "f" oddly enough but it could possibly happen in other
> scenarios as well. The effect can be seen when using GetText in
> actionscript or searchText on textsnapshots. It basically cannot find
> strings with the character "f" as they have been incorrectly
> converted. This has been tested in the latest snapshot build and 0.9.1
> with the same result.

It's a known problem, that unfortunately is difficult to fix-
some fonts encode two versions of e.g. the "f" character. In order to be
able to have a unique Unicode index for each (something required by
Flash), you have to remap one to some other Unicode.

I'm going to add code at some point that always remaps the version of the
character that occurs less often, though.