Re: [Swftools-common] Extract the text from internal/External PDF links

From: Ananth Palanisamy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Extract the text from internal/External PDF links
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:37:05 +0530

Hi Chris,

You have mentioned functions will help in the ActionScript part. Using the functions I can able to control the pages/web links.
The problem now is I have splitted the multi page PDF file in to single page SWF pages using the "-o %.swf" command.
For the external PDF hyperlinks I am not facing any issues.
If I clicked the internal Links I am getting the same value (Zero) always. To solve the issue, if I get the internal link text I can process using AS codes.
To get you understand Please access the following sample page.
http://www.joshitha.com/books/4.swf
It is sample index page from mutli page PDF file. The links will always return zero while clicking. If I convert the book completely without splitting it then I can able to get the index references. But I couldn't load that heavy file for web use (the book has 500 pages).
To solve this If I get the link texts then I can parse the page number and create the relative link from it.

Thanks for your Help in advance.

Regards

Ananth P

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
On 16 June 2010 15:52, Ananth Palanisamy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to extract the internal/External PDF page links?
> I am facing the issue mainly from the internal links. While converting the
> PDF, i am splitting the pages into single SWF files. If the splitted page
> has internal page links it is always returning zero "0" while clicking. I am
> unable process the links. If I able to get the link texts I can process
> using ActionScript codes for further.
> Or is there any other way to get the internal references from the splitted
> pages?
>
> Thanks in advance for your kind help.
> --
> Regards