[Swftools-common] blurred images in png2swf

From: Peter Lai
Subject: [Swftools-common] blurred images in png2swf
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:33:28 -0700

Here is my test page: http://peterlai.org/flashtest/test.html

The swf on the left has an image that is embedded using as2 (flashversion 7). The swf on the right has an image that is embedded using ac3 (flashversion 10). Why is the one on the right blurry? The tool I'm using to create swfs is png2swf.

While hunting around, I found this thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02571.html. Unfortunately, I still need resizing to anti-alias correctly, so disabling smoothing is not an option for me. Is there some way to fix the converted png so that it is not blurry?

Thank you so much for the help,
Peter