Re: [Swftools-common] SWF to PDF

From: JL
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWF to PDF
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:40:16 -0400

Some PDFs with heavy gradient/vector data can take a long time to load and can be resource (CPU/Memory) intensive with Flash Player trying to render those type of elements....even though the SWF size is relatively small (120k)

Try to run your pdf2swf output using the flatten or poly2bitmap arguments.  That usually helps with the performance.

i.e.

pdf2swf -G file.pdf -o file.swf
pdf2swf -s poly2bitmap file.pdf -o file.swf

Otherwise you may need to provide the PDF so we can get a better feel for the structure.

hope that helps
--
JL