Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: circle around instead of highlighted tex

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: circle around instead of highlighted text
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:44:45 +0100

On 27 April 2010 16:08,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there..
>
> I just want to know if it's possible and what effort is necessary to achieve
> it.
> How could I have a circle drawn around a found text within a SWF (from
> pdf2swf) instead of a highlighted text.
>
> Thanks
> Norbert

Can't see why not.  As to the necessary effort required? Well unless you are
an AS3 person ( which I'm not ), then probably a size-ably large chunk of time,
patience, thought, helped along by a quantity of coffee/tea/alcohol/biscuits
or whatever happens to be your comfort poison should do you. :o)

 The As3 getTextRunInfo (TextSnapshot.getTextRunInfo method),

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00002292.html

gives you the metrics of the static text characters. Once you have
those, drawing a
suitable shape round one or more should be relatively easy.

Good luck!

Regards,

Chris.