Re: [Swftools-common] Backward swf when using pdf2swf

From: Adrián
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Backward swf when using pdf2swf
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:50:44 -0300

Thanks Chris.

I tried what you said, but it seems that no line points the incorrect shape.
I believe we have to wait for a patch.

2010/4/16 Chris Pugh <address@hidden>
On 15 April 2010 17:21, Adrián <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi to all,
>
> when converting a sample pdf to swf, I get a backward swf. I have only one
> case now.
>
> I saw on this list that it is a known bug
> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2008-12/msg00059.html).
> also I understand that using "-s bitmap" fixes the problem (losing some
> quality).
>
> but, how may a Java process know if conversion failed?

> I used command line for convert and conversion finishes ok. since there is
> no warning or error message, "breakonwarning" parameter is not aware that
> conversion didn't finish well.

Since pdf2swf doesn't actually know it 'failed', how can you possibly check?

Without patching the relevant source code, the only way round I am able to think
of, is to parse the vervose output,

    pdf2swf -vvv your.pdf -o your.swf

for the incorrect shape fill line.

Now the matter has been broached again, maybe a patch will be implemented?

Regards,

Chris.