Re: [Swftools-common] Segmentation fault (core dumped) - File contains

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Segmentation fault (core dumped) - File contains pbm pictures
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:45:14 +0100

On 15 April 2010 16:08, Paul MacKenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am getting a Segmentation fault (core dumped) on swftools-0.9.0_2 on
>> Freebsd
>>
>> Here is the command and output:
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/pdf2swf -f -F "/usr/home/swftools/fonts" -t -T 8
>> "/tmp/ocrCB132617-test.pdf" -o "/tmp/20100406120420-shq41k.swf"
>> NOTICE  Added /usr/home/swftools/fonts to font directories (32 fonts)
>> NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (612x793:0:0) (move:0:0)
>> NOTICE  File contains pbm pictures
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>> I traced it to the front page and am only trying to convert one page but
>> it seems to be visually fine.
>>
>> Any ideas what I can do to make it work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul
>>

> So far I have had no luck in getting beyond this error after spending time
> to try to get it fixed..
>
> Does anyone have some suggestions as to how to make this work with pbm
> pictures? The one page document is 745k and it is only trying to convert the
> one page.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

swftools-0.9.0_2??   Is this a BSD specific port you are using?

What does it tell you if you add the -v or -vv  ( verbose ) to the command.
Anything useful before it bails out?   Using GDB or similar may get you
closer to what is attempting to overwite protected memory.

Able to try the conversion outside BSD?  If not, then posting or linking to
the 'offending' pdf, may help us to tell you whether this specific to BSD,
rather than to swftools.

Regards,

Chris.
[ not a BSD user ]