Re: [Swftools-common] Pdftoswf on a webserver

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Pdftoswf on a webserver
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:52:49 +0100

Why not use the wiki for your jump off point ( if you haven't already done so )?

   http://wiki.swftools.orgmay pdf2swf is not you best tool.

Using it on the command line is really not that different from
triggering it on a web server, either directly,
or indirectly; say through Perl/PHP/Python.  Windows, Linux, Mac, or a
few other o/s' come to that.

If the pdf's you have are mainly 'images' though, then just maybe
pdf2swf is not the best tool for the job?

   http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/

Why convert to an swf if you don't have to?

Dig around and you'll find a plethora of choice of utilities for
playing with pdfs.  This random link should start
you off on a voyage of discovery..

    http://directory.fsf.org/search/?query=pdf

Cheers,

Chris.