[Swftools-common] Re: Segmentation fault in polyops_startclip

From: Morten Sjøgren
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: Segmentation fault in polyops_startclip
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:06:47 +0100

2010/1/19 Morten Sjøgren <address@hidden>
Hi,

I've checkout the swftools from git and with pdf2swf I get a segmentation fault in "polyops_startclip" on some pages from a PDF created with

Adobe InDesign CS4

VERBOSE clearSoftMask statepos=3
VERBOSE Casting gfxline of 0 segments to a stroke-polygon
VERBOSE Casting gfxline of 5 segments (5 line segments) to a gfxpoly
VERBOSE Comparing polygon renderings of size 852x233 and 852x233
VERBOSE Bad SVP rewinding result- polygons don't match
VERBOSE Error in polygon processing
Segmentation fault

It segmentation fault because "i->out" is null in "polyops_startclip" and it's null because of a check that fails in:
"ArtSVP* run_intersector(ArtSVP*svp, ArtWindRule rule)"

When the check "if(!compare_bitmaps(&bbox, data1, data2)) {" fails it causes the function to "return 0;", which is bad since the return apparently is used later on.

I'm attaching a temporary patch that fixes the problem for me, but I'm sure there must be a better solution, like figuring out why the two bitmaps are different.

Yours
- Morten Sjøgren

I still need to use my patch with the latest git checkout.

And I was wondering what the purpose of the function run_intersector is? More specific what is the expected result from this function when the "if(!compare_bitmaps(&bbox, data1, data2)) {" fails?

Thanks.
-
Morten Sjøgren