Re: [Swftools-common] Segmentation Fault on some PDFs

From: Richard Fairhurst
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Segmentation Fault on some PDFs
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:23:40 +0000

Jarno Kyttälä wrote:
Joel DeVenney wrote:
> VERBOSE Bad SVP rewinding result- polygons don't match
> VERBOSE Error in polygon processing
> Segmentation fault

I also get this with a lot of diffent PDFs (starting from version 0.9.0 of swftools). This seems to happen more frequently with documents that contain complex vector graphics.

Just to confirm I'm getting the same segfault on both Debian Etch and Mac OS X, using both 0.9.0 and the current development snapshot. Verbose output is:

VERBOSE clearSoftMask statepos=3
VERBOSE Casting gfxline of 0 segments to a stroke-polygon
VERBOSE Casting gfxline of 5 segments (5 line segments) to a gfxpoly
VERBOSE Comparing polygon renderings of size 102x137 and 102x137
VERBOSE Bad SVP rewinding result- polygons don't match
VERBOSE Error in polygon processing
Segmentation fault

I've posted a file where this occurs at
  http://www.wwmagazines.com/test/News.pdf

in case it helps with debugging. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help in nailing this down.

pdf2swf is ridiculously awesome - I was amazed to find something which generates SWFs so faithful to the original file. :)

cheers
Richard