Re: [Swftools-common] Using Swftools - Performance - Large pdf files ma

From: Gorav Singal
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Using Swftools - Performance - Large pdf files many pages?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:38:52 +0530

Can anyone please suggest, how to build such viewer?

Thanks
Gorav

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Ric Clarke <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2. When the resulting swf file loads, am I right in thinking it has to load
> the complete file before it shows the first page? Has anyone experimented
> with a way of only loading the page that is being viewed?

I think you are right, swf file must be fully loaded before starting
showing a page, but you can
convert a pdf file to several swf's, just put a % in output filename:
pdf2swf file.pdf -o file%.swf

Then you can build a viewer that loads one swf at a time as user request them.

Ricardo

--
Be the change U want to see in the world...