Re: [Swftools-common] an ActionScript question

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] an ActionScript question
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:52:00 +0000

2009/11/25 jean-michel.voicechat_fan <address@hidden>:
> in fact i have tried another thing that does not work i want to have a
> common trace  function
> i have put  the lines outside the class the compilation is ok
> but the trace function  does not show anything
> see the old link

As you are no doubt aware Trace simply dumps debugging info to the
Output Window in the one of the many
Flash Authoring Applications (  none of which I have, since I don't
use Flash! )  Since SWFTools is not a GUI
Application, it doesn';t have an output window, so you don't see anything.

The easiest way is to fake the Trace oiutput with Exception Handling,
by Throwing ( triggering ) a trappable error, then sending the
resukltant output to say, an edittext object.

Here's a random link on Throw/Try/Catch.

   http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=3&cid=52C8C

You can akso check the Adobe Actionscript Dictionaries.

Bon chance!

Salut,

Chris.