Re: [Swftools-common] Class definition with swfc

From: P.Y. Rollo
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Class definition with swfc
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:48:23 +0200

Here is an .sc example of what I would like to do (this is just an example, this code doesn't make much sense) :

.flash bbox=150x150 version=7 name="test.swf"
   .circle button_circle r=8 line=0 fill=#808080

   .button button
       .show button_circle as=shape
       .show button_circle as=hover
       .show button_circle as=pressed
   .end

   .put b1=button x=0 y=0
   .put b2=button x=16 y=0

   .action:

       class myclass {
           var field1;
           var field2;
       }

       _root.b1.onRelease = function() { trace("Button 1 pressed"); };
       _root.b2.onRelease = function() { trace("Button 2 pressed"); };
   .end
.end

I am using swftools 0.9.0 and when I issue a "swfc example.sc", I obtain :

error:
       class myclass
                   ^
Line 3:  Reason: 'syntax error'

I guess this is not the right way to define a class but I could not manage to find any proper way.

P.Y. Rollo a écrit :
Hello,

First, thanks a lot for swftools! I've just discovered that swftools makes flash development possible under Linux.

There is something I can't figure out how to do :

How to define and use custom classes when using a .sc file and swfc compiler?

When using the class keyword in a .action section of an .sc file, I always obtain a "syntax error". The same code in a .as file works well using mtasc compiler. I'm trying that with flash=7 version.

I read, in the Adobe reference documentation, that there should be one class per file, so I should have one .as file per class and one .sc file including/importing/using them.

I tried to compile .as files into .swf files and then swfcombine them, or even .swf them in my .sc files but I could not use my classes in the .action sections.

Does anyone have a idea of how to do that ?

Thanks,

P.Y. Rollo