Re: [Swftools-common] libpoppeler

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] libpoppeler
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:49:11 -0700

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Andreas Haufler (scireum)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I know that xpdf is not unmaintained I just thought it might save some time
> if the code is not updated manually. However something that would be more
> important would be the usage of the new font rendering engine. Are you
> already working on this?

Yes, that's something I'm working on.

> I've looked through the code and seen that you
> already output CSMSettings Tags. So all that is needed would be the
> FontAlignZones for fonts. Is there a general way to compute them. It
> googeled a bit but there's really not much information out there :-(

I currently believe that all the information *inside* the
FontAlignZones tag is ignored
by Flash, and that it only switches on Saffron's automatic detection
of align zones.
The fact that Flash CS4 doesn't fill in these tags anymore either
further fuels that theory.

> Anyway, one last central question would be, is the current version in git
> broken? I ran ./configure and then make and make fails when compiling
> ./lib/pdf. Seems like it doesn't find referenced header files.

If you want to compile the git version, you'll need to download xpdf manually.
Afterwards, go to "lib/pdf", and run "perl inject-xpdf.pl xpdf-3.02.tar.gz".
I'm aware, this should probably be done automatically.