Re: [Swftools-common] lib/art/Makefile.in

From: John Francis Lee
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] lib/art/Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:52:45 +0700

Matthias Kramm wrote:
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:13:27PM +0700, John Francis Lee <address@hidden>
wrote:
I have just got a new machine, using ubuntu x64AMD, and am trying to compile the latest snapshot, but am held up by lib/art/Makefile.in

Seems to be a bug in the snapshot. Let me upload another one.

Matthias

Thanks Matthias. I downloaded git, (you need to apt-get install git-core, not git, on ubuntu), cloned the repository... discovered I was missing the xpdf code :

downloaded it and the 3 patches, un'tar'ed and applied the patches, re'tar'ed (I feel like a retard by now :) and followed your directions of 2006. Bash complained about switch for some reason, but the link

 swftools/lib/pdf/xpdf => swftools/lib/pdf/xpdf-3.02p3

got made... and it compiled! and seems to work just fine! I installed something called

 libswfdecmozilla.so    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999

for firefox instead of the proprietary adobe version and so far so good.

I noticed that swftools made an .swf of the same name as the .pdf without my telling it too! That made me smile :) It's the little things that guys like me notice right away... incapable of big things as we are.

Thanks for all your hard work Matthias.

This is a wonderful project.

--
John Francis Lee