Re: [Swftools-common] A few problems

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] A few problems
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 20:33:55 +0100

>2009/8/7 Mauricio Sepulveda Vera <address@hidden>:
> hi everybody
>
> First, I'm speak spanish and my english is not so good, you see that, sorry
> for all.
>
> I,m new here and i install swftools in my linux opensuse 11.1.
>
> I'm trying to use swftools and used an example from the official web page,
> the second, copy and paste, save and compile (swfc color.sc), and error
>
> ""color.sc", line 7 column 75: warning - As of version 0.8.2 using the
> .change command to modify an object's position on the stage is considered
> deprecated. Future versions may consider x and y parameters for the .change
> command to be illegal; please use the .move command.
>
> all lines is the same message.
>
> my version is 0.9 install today
>
> Help me please, I do something wrong?
>
> Thanks body

Hola Mauricio, qué tal?  ;o)

The compiler warning means exactly what it says.   Moving an swf movie
object to a
different position on the stage must now be done with '.move', not
with '.change'.
( IMHO a sensible choice! )

Here is a revision of Code Listing 1.1 from,

    http://www.swftools.org/swfc/swfc.1.html

1) This will show the compiler warning::

.flash filename="a.swf"
    .box b1 100 100 color=yellow fill=red
    .put b1 pin=center scale=0%
    .frame 100
    .change b1 pin=center scale=100%
    .frame 200
    .change b1 pin=center scale=0%
    .change b1 x=200 y=400   # **This line throws a compiler warning**
.end,

2) This one won't,

flash filename="a.swf"
    .box b1 100 100 color=yellow fill=red
    .put b1 pin=center scale=0%
    .frame 100
    .change b1 pin=center scale=100%
    .frame 200
    .change b1 pin=center scale=0%
    .move b1 x=200 y=40.0     # *This line is how it should now be written
.end

Hope that heks.

Adiós!

Chris.