Re: [Swftools-common] entering infinite loop while converting

From: filip sound
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] entering infinite loop while converting
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:27:25 +0200

hello,

well, you could try using some pdf repair tools. looks like your pdf has some unusual postscript in it. adobe acrobat professional has some functionalities for this purpose - like "Document / Examine Document ...". Try saving your PDF with different applications.

thats how i get around problematic pages (the project is web-based, where pdf2swf is running on a linux server)
- render page by page using the -p switch
- check if the resulting swf is created in the output folder
- if not: render static jpg with GhostScript and ImageMagick and put them into a swf using tools from swftools.

hope this helps,
   filip