Re: [Swftools-common] pdf writer interface in gfx.pyd?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf writer interface in gfx.pyd?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:15:57 +0200

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:03:31PM +0800, oyster <address@hidden> wrote:
> but I found that there is no pdf writer interface in gfx.pyd
> so
> 1. could you please expose this inerface in the next release?

I suppose somebody has to write this "pdf output" functionality first
before it can be "exposed" :)
It's a nice idea though, gfx being able to write pdf files. Maybe
someone will come up with a patch. I guess the most difficult part
is generating TTF fonts for embedding in the PDF.

> 2. if the answer is 'hard' or 'no way', can someone suggest on such a
> lib for python on windows/or a pure C-dll? I have tried pypdf, but it
> errs and exits on some of my pdfs(no, the files have no password)

pdftk can rotate pages.