Re: [Swftools-common] gif2swf blank

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] gif2swf blank
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:03:20 +0200

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:15:37AM +0200, Alberto Frigo <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am using Windows and have a set of non-animated gif files to convert into
> a swf.I use the following command:
> gif2swf.exe -o output.swf -r 1 *.gif
> The resulting swf can be loaded by any player yet they only display a black
> image.

I don't really support gif2swf anymore- it was written by Daichi
Shinozaki, who seemed to have stopped maintaining it.

Still, if you report an error about a gif not converting correctly,
please always also attach the .gif.

> I also wonder if I want to play 1 frame every 8 seconds can I write 0.125?

Yes, that's possible.

> Is there a maximum size and number of frames it can handle?

You can't have more than 65535 images, and hence, frames.

> (i.e. what if I use 90 gif of 1754x1240? Can I resize them directly using
> the -X and -Y or should I firs batch resized them?)

Depends. If you want your .swf files to be zoomable, do *not* batch
resize them. If you want smaller file size, do.