[Swftools-common] SWFTools AS3 constructor problem

From: Sietze Keuning
Subject: [Swftools-common] SWFTools AS3 constructor problem
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:01:51 +0200

Dear SWFTools members,

Recently I’ve been working with SWFTools trying to create a flash pdf viewer. What I’m trying to do is making a swf of each page of the pdf file (90 pages in my case). This is done with a short script, so I don’t have to do this manually. The problem arises when I’m trying to load multiple swf files into the viewer, which all have buttons in it.

SWFTools creates a AS3.0 script that adds event listeners to all the buttons. When the first swf calls the ‘frame0()’ function everything works fine. When the second page loads it calls ‘frame0()’ again, but I get an exception that it cannot find the object in function frame0. The function tries to add a second event listener, but it cannot find the button, because it probably calls the frame0 function of the first swf.

Is there a way to change the name of the ‘frame0’ function, so the problem is solved? Or do anyone know any other solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Sietze