[Swftools-common] gfx module crash on windows - id table overflow

From: Bharat Varma
Subject: [Swftools-common] gfx module crash on windows - id table overflow
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:36:31 +0530

Hi,

I am using the 0.9.0 stable version of swftools on Windows with Python 2.5.4.

In case of one of the PDFs that I have, the python process crashes with the following -

ERROR   ID Table overflow
ERROR   This file is too complex to render- SWF only supports 65536 shapes at once

I am not too worried about the PDF not getting converted. I believe that this is because of some sort of gradients in the PDF.
However, is it possible to catch some sort of exception or something to stop python from crashing ? That way, it would be easier to handle the error and make a recovery.

Thanks.

Bharat Varma