Re: [Swftools-common] swfc from swftool 0.9 latest segfaulting

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc from swftool 0.9 latest segfaulting
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 18:48:25 +0200

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 01:41:23AM +0100, Greg' Ar Tourter <address@hidden>
wrote:
> swfc bridge-player.sc
> bridge-player.swf:2:24: warning: Couldn't resolve 'attachMovie', doing
> late binding

That's an ActionScript 3.0 warning message.
I guess you have "version=9" in your .sc header?

> Segmentation fault

Still, it shouldn't segfault. Could you send me that bridge-player.sc
file?

> Is there something that has change in the way swfc work that would
> make 0.8.1 sc file incompatible?

Yes, it will use a different actionscript compiler for Flash 9
files now, which compiles the code into AS3.
(If you think it would be useful to compile AS2 code into Flash
 files with flash version >=9 please let me know- I'm a bit fuzzy
 still whether to allow that case)