Re: [Swftools-common] ActionScript + large arrays of numbers

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] ActionScript + large arrays of numbers
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:30:59 +0100

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 01:00:53PM +0300, Vladimir Slepnev <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Can swfc compile AS3?

Yep. Just make sure to start it with ".flash version=9"

> Can any other open source tool do what we want?

It probably makes more sense to compile the files with "as3compile",
which compiles raw ActionScript.
An example file for as3compile might be

package {
    public var myArray:Array = [.... your data ...]
}

> And can you actually make a plain data holder SWF in AS3, seeing as it
> uses classes and stuff?

You can put the above into a SWF file, and then reference that data from
another SWF file. (Notice the "public")

Greetings