[Swftools-common] An online swf editor

From: David Horne
Subject: [Swftools-common] An online swf editor
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:49:31 -0500

Hi Matthias,

I loved this tool its amazing and I am accomplishing everything I hoped for so far with it!

But I hit a bit of a road block you see I choose to use pdf2swf online and convert a pdf page by page into an .swf which I then put into a flash flipping book script to allow users to upload a pdf and create a flippable book out of it with working links etc.

I then looked around at some of the industry leaders currently doing virtual magazines such as:

Zmags.com

Myvirtualpaper.com

And noticed a major component they had that I didn’t which is the ability through an editor:

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/Online...t_links.shtml#

to add “hotspots” which are like overlayed links and videos and such to their swf pages completely online.  I was wondering if this can be done with swf tools I can see how swfcombine could help out there as it would put a movie onto one of the pages but then how would you specify the thing it would replace in the swf through some sort of editor.

Anyways this is getting confusing if you know of any method of recreating such a thing I would be very greatfull I have been googleing for days now trying to figure it out.

Also does pdf2swf have the support to add a max height and max min?  The flipping page book requires a smaller swf and then a larger zoomed in version and even using the pdf2swf –x width –y height file.pdf thing I don’t think its making a difference.

Thanks again!

Dave.