Re: [Swftools-common] Progressive download

From: Cristian Rusu
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Progressive download
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:46:09 +0200

Matthias,

I am not sure what you mean by thumbnail...

I am interested to have the document swf separate from the viewer, I am building the viewer like a player, and document swf is loaded afterwords.

I am looking for solution to not put a user wait on a 40MB document swf to load.

Maybe pdf2swf can build multiple pages one by one and create a wrapper swf to load them and I load the wrapper?

I guess too much wrapping :)

Alternatively, can pdf2swf output the document one swf per page?

Sincerely
Cristian Rusu
Web Programmer & Electronic publisher

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 19:05, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 02:38:03PM +0200, Cristian Rusu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does anybody know if a large pdf2swf  become available for page turning
> before everything is downloaded? I think not...

Depends on the PDF. At least all the fonts need to be downloaded before
anything is displayed.

> If not, any better solution that let me start browsing the document as pdf
> let you, while downloading?

Would a thumbnail (low resolution bitmap of a page) help?

Greetings