[Swftools-common] background color ignored when combining swfs

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] background color ignored when combining swfs
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:12:49 +0100

Hi Matthias and others,

I have created the following created http://ousia.justfree.com/aibo.swf
using the following script:

    .flash filename="aibo.swf" version=6 fps=12 background=#ff00ff
    .swf movie "aibo01.swf"

    .frame 1
        .put movie
        .stop movie
        .action:
            movie._xscale = 200;
            movie._yscale = 200;
            movie._x = (Stage.width - movie._width) / 2;
            movie._y = (Stage.height - movie._height) / 2;
        .end

    .frame 2
        .del movie

    .end

And I created a SWF file converting a PDF file with pdf2swf
(http://ousia.justfree.com/fc-last_slide.swf from
http://ousia.justfree.com/fc-last_slide.pdf).

Replacing the slides with swfcombine (such as
http://ousia.justfree.com/free.swf, navigable at
http://ousia.justfree.com/wrong-embed.swf) in I discovered two errors.

Background color in frames that use the script above seem to loose their
background color (2 and 3), but not the one converted with pdf2swf
(frame 5). This might be a bug in swfcombine.

Although http://ousia.justfree.com/wrong-embed.swf contains 242 frames,
it is not possible to go beyond frame 5 (I use "swfcombine -m" to embed
the three slaves), which is exactly the one converted with pdf2swf. Is
there no option in pdf2swf to avoid this?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo