Re: [Swftools-common] adding a movie to a pdf2swf converted file

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] adding a movie to a pdf2swf converted file
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:34:32 +0100

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:45:19PM +0100, Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden>
wrote:
> It worked fine, but not quite as I expected.
>
> The master and both movies document have different fps (30 and 12). Is
> there no way to keep those different speeds?

No. Flash only supports one framerate at a given time.
The only workaround is to take the least common multiple of the
two frame rates and add spacer frames into both movies, but that's
usually not worth the effort.

> I tried to wrap the movie in the following script:
>
> .flash filename="aibo.swf" version=6 fps=12
> .swf movie "aibo01.swf"
>
> .frame 1
>     .put movie
>     .stop movie
>
> .end
>
> BTW, how can I set the background color in the
> script above?

Like this:
.flash filename="aibo.swf" version=6 fps=12 background=#ff00ff

> But the most important issue can be viewed at frame 55 from
> http://ousia.justfree.com/fc-movies.swf?addbuttons=1. Both movies are
> displayed on the frames they have been embedded and in all subsequent ones.
>
> This is obviously wrong. Is there no way to have the movie displayed
> only on its frame?

You need to .del it in the next frame:

.frame 2
    .del movie