[Swftools-common] pdf2swf only works for root

From: Geisser, Michael
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf only works for root
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:38:09 +0100

Hi there,

I'm kinda playing with pdf2swf for a while now.
The only obstacle im currently facing is that I only get it to work if I'm
logged in as root.
Otherwise pdf2swf seems to not being able to find / access any fonts and
reports page after page lines like these:

ERROR   Invalid charid 83 for font (0 characters)
ERROR   Invalid charid 116 for font (0 characters)

If I'm logged in as my usual user and use sudo it works again.
I have to run this from the apache which is running on this machine
so sudo isn't an option as I won't add the apache to the sudoers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks and regards,
Michael