[Swftools-common] Embedding SWFs from pdf2swf produce mxmlc compiler err

From: Daniel Swid
Subject: [Swftools-common] Embedding SWFs from pdf2swf produce mxmlc compiler error
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:48:24 +0200

Using pdf2swf I create page swf files from an input pdf file.
pdf2swf.exe --flashversion=9 input.pdf -o page%%.swf

Next, I have an AS3 project where I would like to embed a page from the SWF file using the following syntax.

[Embed( source='pages/page1.swf')]
private var mypage:Class;

Upon compiling, I get the following error.

C:\projects\PageLib\src\com\confidela\Main.as(13): col: 4: Error: exception during transcoding: unrecognized fill style type: 212
C:\projects\PageLib\src\com\confidela\Main.as(13): col: 4: Error: Unable to transcode pages/page1.swf.

I also tried with flashversion 8 and got the same results. Anyone aware of this and know a work around?