[Swftools-common] Transparent background revisited

From: Jonas Petersson
Subject: [Swftools-common] Transparent background revisited
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:57:24 +0100

Dear experts,

I've searched the archives and came up with this:

> pdf2swf -s transparent file.pdf -o file.swf

However, it seems to have not effect and when I search the source it
seems that there is nothing that tries to handle it?

Also, in FAQ #18 http://www.swftools.org/faq.html I found:

> How can I create transparent SWFs from PDFs?
>  Run pdf2swf as usual, and then, on the resulting file, execute:
>  swfextract -i 3- file.swf -o file.swf

Using swfdump I can see that indeed some ids have been removed, but
when I put two swfs in top of each other the top one will still
obscure the bottom one.

Does anyone have any further idea as to what I've misunderstood?

Many thanks in advance / Jonas