Re: [Swftools-common] Python parser

From: Michel Sabchuk
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Python parser
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:30:25 -0300

Hi Matthias,

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 05:57:06PM -0300, Michel Sabchuk <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> Is there a python interface to swfc command?
>
> Nope. Probably wouldn't be hard to put together, but nobody
> requested something like this so far :)
>
> Depending on how complicated the SWF you'd like to create is,
> the "standard" SWF python module might be sufficient. swfc is
> more powerful, though.

I will take a look. The only documentation available is the source
code, isn't it?

>> I need to create a swf
>> file dinamically under a django application and I getting troubles to
>> save the file throght subprocess.
>
> What kind of troubles?

Python problems :D - I created the spec file dynamically and then run
swfc over it. I forgot to close the spec file written in python.
Running the swfc command by hand worked without problems. Now I'm
closing the file pointer and the python code runs ok too ;)

Just to you know what I've done, I have a news portal, this portal
want to share banners. These banner should have news inside it, our
partner can't use dynamically flash content, this way, I create a
object on the database (django), and, after the object creation I make
the flash object through swfc (using django signals).

Thanks for your help,
Best regards!

--
Michel Thadeu Sabchuk