[Swftools-common] pdf2swf swfs report larger width than actual width

From: Christopher Cianciarulo
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf swfs report larger width than actual width
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:11:25 -0700

I'm having a problem with pdf2swf.  I am converting each page as a separate swf, then loading the swfs into my player and resizing the pages by setting the

_width to 395 px.  The problem is that the _width of the swf pages upon loading is different than the actual visible page.  I now run "swfbbox  -c" on the

pages after extracting and that fixes most of the pages. But some pages have a _width that is much larger than the visible page, sometimes 2x.  This causes the

visible page to display much smaller when I set the width to 395.

Here is a normal page size after loading:

width: 612.35

height: 801

Here is a problem page size after loading:

width: 1234.8

height: 801

I noticed in the pdf2swf output that it is showing (move:-612:0) on the pages that have a problem:

NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (612x801:0:0) (move:-612:0)

Can someone tell me what is happening and how I can get all the swf files to report their actual widths?

thanks