Re: [Swftools-common] help with loader (please)

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] help with loader (please)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:53:11 +0200

Hi everybody,

[I have sent unknowingly a private reply to Huub, because I forgot that
when replying to his messages the reply-to field is his email address,
although when replying to others on this list, the reply-to field is set
to the mailing list.)

Huub Schaeks wrote:
> I believe http://www.tewebdesign.nl/testing/orphanworks.swf does what you
> wanted (apart from audio sync and getting the duration of the sound wrong)

Thanks for the reply, Huub.

The issue with audio seems to be because of the 8kb mono quality of the
file (I cannot upload files larger than 3000KB). Whether embedded or
not, the issue is there (I have sent a message about this issue
[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2008-06/msg00030.html],
but I got no reply).

> Please note that the audio mp3-file and the slides swf-file have to be
> present separately in that directory. The script is
> http://www.tewebdesign.nl/testing/loader-orphanworks-script.sc

Your approach does what I intend to do, but I'm afraid that having all
files in one is a must (sharing presentations is harder when you have
three files instead of only one). And I'm afraid that the presentation
doesn't work with swfdec-player or gnash.

I wonder why the the ActionScript code from
http://ousia.justfree.com/free_culture.txt doesn't work with swfc. Any
ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo