Re: [Swftools-common] wrong

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] wrong
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 19:36:58 +0200

Matthias Kramm wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 02:27:23PM +0200, Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> The 2006 version of the font displays fine in the Flash file
>> (http://ousia.justfree.com/right-counters.swf), but the 2008 version
>> displays counters wrong (http://ousia.justfree.com/wrong-counters.swf)
>>
>> I guess that this might be a bug in FreeMono-Bold, but I don't know
>> which one.
>
> The bounding boxes of that font are broken. The next swftools version
> will contain a workaround.

Hi Matthias,

as I wrote before, I have reported the bug to the font developer
(http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?23464) and the reply is that they had
problems with the previous method to determine the line height, so they
changed it.

But he needs a more technical explanation of what is wrong here and an
example on fonts that behave the same way as the 2006 FreeMono-Bold
version. This is far beyond my knowledge.

Thanks,

Pablo