RE: [Swftools-common] partial font embedding not working

From: Huub Schaeks
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] partial font embedding not working
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:53:37 +0200

Matthias

How about this logic:
If a glyphs parameter is specified then
    if the parameter is 'all' then the whole font is included
    else only the specified glyphs are included
else
    if an .edittext is found then all glyphs are included
    else include only the glyphs that are used by .text or .textshape

Regards
Huub

> Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:45:17 +0200
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] partial font embedding not working
>
> Hi Huub,
>
> thanks for your fast reply.
>
> Huub Schaeks wrote:
>
> > My message was not sufficiently accurate. Partial font inclusion works thus:
> > If the glyphs parameter is present for the .font command then those
> > glyphs are included, no matter what.
> > Besides that any glyphs that are used in the text parameter of a .text
> > or .textshape command that specifies this particular font is included;
> > excluding duplicates, of course.
> > If, however, there is any .edittext command that specifies this
> > particular font then the whole font is included, regardless of the
> > optional glyphs parameter.
> >
> > Maybe we should consider an option to let the designer override this; to
> > only include specified glyphs even if an .edittext is used.
>
> This option would be extremely useful (at least for me ;-).
>
> Thanks again,
>

> Pablo

Plan je evenement, nodig mensen uit en deel je foto's met Windows Live Events