Re: [Swftools-common] html - pdf - flash

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] html - pdf - flash
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:05:06 +0200

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:54:18AM +0200, Gunivortus Goos <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Tried that too, but there's too a white border placed around my
> document, which looks ugly, in Flash too. (I've coloured backgrounds).

Yes, I had the same problem when generating (LRF) files for the Sony
Librie EBook reader.
The border comes from OpenOffice- you can remove it by clipping the SWF:

    swfcombine -d -X <x2-x1> -Y <y2-y1> -x <-x1> -y <-y1> file.swf -o file.swf

where x1,y1,x2,y2 is the box containing the actual text.

There's also a tool in CVS (gfx2gfx) which can do this clipping
automatically, but as it's currently generating LRF and not SWF, you'll
have to change the source at one place and recompile it. Do get back to
me if you want to try that.

Greetings