Re: [Swftools-common] shared font library

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] shared font library
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:01:47 +0200

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 04:11:45AM -0700, Stephen Moran <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has worked on the possibility of adding the
> option for pdf2swf to put all the pdf fonts into a shared library(swf)
> that is then loaded into the main swf at runtime. My thought is then
> when you used swfextract to export frames from your main swf, they
> would also load that shared font library. That way it would reduce the
> filesize overhead of having the same fonts/glyphs embedded multiple
> times.

That idea has popped up a few times in the past, but nobody has
implemented it yet.

Getting swfextract to create a "largest common divisor" file would
be pretty straightforward, though.

More interesting would be also adding this to the "gfx" python
module, so you can both extract individual pages as well as such
a library file from a PDF.

Greetings