Re: [Swftools-common] Page wise conversion

From: Jake Hilton
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Page wise conversion
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:32:25 -0600

So I use flatten in this scanrio to fix my issues.

Someone creates a ppt with a large graphic that flows over the boundaries of the viewable are in powerpoint. They then create a mask to show the region they want to display.. they when it get's exported to pdf that graphic exists in it's entirety.. so when you convert pdf to swf that graphic still exists even thought it's not viewable.. so the dimensions of the swf are very inaccurate. What flatten does is clips any items that overflow out of the given boundaries thus leaving you with a nice swf with proper dimensions.

Jake

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 04:05:41AM +0530, Novice Programmer <address@hidden> wrote:
> if that option is experiemental, can you suggest some stable thing to
> convert pdf page wise into swf?

--flatten doesn't have anything to do with page-wise conversion.

Concerning the latter, you might want to take a peek at the gfx modules:
   http://www.swftools.org/gfx.html
   http://www.swftools.org/gfx_tutorial.html

Greetings