Re: [Swftools-common] Simple links with PNGs

From: Andrew Ziem
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Simple links with PNGs
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:44:38 -0600

Matthias Kramm wrote:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 03:06:17PM -0600, Andrew Ziem wrote:
What is a good way to add links? I have 2 PNGs which form the SWF, and I'd like any click (any time, any where) to load a web page. Instead of png2swf, should I use swfc? Is there an example available?

Yep, swfc will do the trick.
This piece of script should get you started:

.flash name=banner.swf
    .png myimage filename="test.png"

    .button mybutton
     .show myimage as=idle,area,hover,pressed
     .on_press inside:
        getURL("http://www.google.com/";, "_parent", "GET");
     .end
    .end
    .put mybutton
.end
Matthias,

Yes, Thanks! That did the trick and gives me what I need. Below is the same with two images. It's not a big deal, but I am not clear on the timing. (I checked the FAQ and the online manual for swfc, I could not find an explanation of .flash root element.) I expect the below to take 5 seconds per image, but it's a little less than four with Linux Flash beta 9.
Also, is there a way to reduce file size?  I already tried pngcrush.

.flash name=ezone003.swf fps=1
   .png myimage1 filename="ezone002a.png"
   .png myimage2 filename="ezone002b.png"

   .button mybutton1
    .show myimage1 as=idle,area,hover,pressed
    .on_press inside:
       getURL("http://host/foo.php";, "_parent", "GET");
    .end
   .end

   .button mybutton2
    .show myimage2 as=idle,area,hover,pressed
    .on_press inside:
       getURL("http://host/foo.php";, "_parent", "GET");
    .end
   .end