RE: [Swftools-common] Unable to run the Pdf2Swf through a web service on

From: Abhishek Bagga
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] Unable to run the Pdf2Swf through a web service on windows 2003
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:22:55 +0530

I did not try adding the fonts directory but tried every other thing to get this working, but it didn’t.

I did a similar solution as you have, but instead of a batch file I developed a windows service that will perform the task since I had to handle multiple PDF conversions at one given time.

You are correct that working it this way makes it very difficult to handle exceptions but I have made a log which gathers all the exception. I had to make this asynchronous since there was no other option.

I totally agree with you that we should have it as a COM or .net object. Hope someone comes up with it pretty soon.

Regards,
Abhishek Bagga