Re: [Swftools-common] creating swf with mp3 sound

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] creating swf with mp3 sound
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 12:19:04 +0200

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 10:13:40AM +0200, Marcin Gryszkalis wrote:
> I need to create very simple (I think) SWF with sound in it (based on
> given .wav sound). Example expected file looks like this (created with
> flash mx and dumped with swfdump):

> Another approach would be wav2swf but I don't know how to insert these
> actions at the beginning and end of file (I guess changing bbox or
> background color would be not a problem).

The beginning stop can be done by wav2swf's -S option:

    wav2swf -S sound.wav -o sound.swf

.
The bbox can be modified by:

    swfcombine -d -X 300 -Y 456 sound.swf -o sound.swf
.
Background color is more tricky... the last time I had to change
the color of the background in a SWF, I fiddled with the file itself
using an hexeditor (which is not *that* difficult- just look for the
first "FF FF FF" sequence and replace it with your color).
Maybe I should add a "change background color" feature to swfcombine,
though. :)

Greetings