[Swftools-common] Information Request

From: Jim Jones
Subject: [Swftools-common] Information Request
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
SWF Tools is great, thanks for providing a great piece of software.
I have a couple of questions: I'm in the process of building a Windows based application for creating online training courses, that allows users to capture audio and video.

One of the optional features I'd like to provide is for users to be able to include a swf version of a pdf file within the output of my application.  I'd like to do this by calling the command line version of pdf2swf.exe.  I don't plan on modifying the source code of swftools, just including the exe with my application so I could allow the user to do the conversion.

So my questions are:

-Can I charge a fee and distribute my application?
-Is licensing needed and if so can you provide details about this?
-Would I need to GPL my entire application?
-Would I need to redistribute SWF Tools with my application?
-What types attributions would I need to include in my software?
I just wanted to get some of these questions answered or receive permission before I start developing anything.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jim