Re: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?

From: Ranting Hippy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:00:14 +0100

yep, it was the font. i tried a random .ttf font from my system and it
worked fine.

the strange thing is that i took the .sc and the font from the example
here:-

http://technoargia.free.fr/swftools/examples/button2/button2.html

so for some reason swftools 0.7.0 on my system can't generate this
example, does it on yours?

i also checked the use of .swf fonts, in that i did a font2swf on the
.ttf i suscessfully used above, and that worked fine. this is sounding
like .swf fonts made with earlier versions of swftools don't work
with the current one (ie no backwards compatibility). however i got
the same effect with 0.6.3 as well, so i'm a little lost

anyway thanks for the code and the help,

ian