[Swftools-common] pdf2swf followed by swfcombine - file size issues

From: David Campbell
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf followed by swfcombine - file size issues
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:15:35 -0400

All,

I am using pdf2swf to convert several PDFs to SWFs and then I use swfcombine
to combine the generated SWF with a 1Kb security SWF. This security SWF has
only a holder movieclip on the root which I place the generated SWF into. I
then have a simple if statement, checking for a particular global object. If
that object isn't available, I remove the holder movieclip on the root. The
problem is that the generated SWFs, which are ~160Kb, turn into 205Kb SWFs
after running swfcombine. Is there any way to prevent this large increase in
size?

Cheers.

- Dave