Re: [Swftools-common] WAV2SWF Help

From: Chris Flowers
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] WAV2SWF Help
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:42:58 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henderson, T DR. MATH" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:29 AM
Subject: [Swftools-common] WAV2SWF Help

> I'm converting my WAV audio file to SWF so as to embed it in a webpage and
control the playback with JavaScript.  I convert my WAV to SWF in the
following way:

> wav2swf foo.wav -v -s 44100 -S -b 128 -o foo.swf
>
> As you can see, I used -S to make sure that the sound doesn't play
automatically when the page loads.  However, I would like to use JavaScript
to control the playback.  I have downloaded flashsound.js, and here's my
HTML code to attempt this playback.  For some reason, it's not working.  I
would appreciate any help you could provide:

> <head>
>    <script src="flashsound.js"></script>
>    <script>
>       var foo = new FlashSound();
>       function playFoo() {
>          document.foo.GotoFrame(1);
>          document.foo.Play();
>       }
>    </script>
>
> </head>
>    <script foo.embedSWF="foo.swf"></script>
>
> When the page loads, the SWF does not automatically play.  However,
clicking on this "Play" link doesn't start the playback.  I would appreciate
any help that you could provide.