[Swftools-common] WAV2SWF Help

From: Henderson, T DR. MATH
Subject: [Swftools-common] WAV2SWF Help
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:29:20 -0400

I'm converting my WAV audio file to SWF so as to embed it in a webpage and
control the playback with JavaScript.  I convert my WAV to SWF in the following
way:

wav2swf foo.wav -v -s 44100 -S -b 128 -o foo.swf

As you can see, I used -S to make sure that the sound doesn't play
automatically when the page loads.  However, I would like to use JavaScript to
control the playback.  I have downloaded flashsound.js, and here's my HTML code
to attempt this playback.  For some reason, it's not working.  I would
appreciate any help you could provide:

<head>
   <script src="flashsound.js"></script>
   <script>
      var foo = new FlashSound();
      function playFoo() {
         document.foo.GotoFrame(1);
         document.foo.Play();
      }
   </script>

</head>
   <script foo.embedSWF="foo.swf"></script>

When the page loads, the SWF does not automatically play.  However, clicking on
this "Play" link doesn't start the playback.  I would appreciate any help that
you could provide.

Thanks,

Troy Henderson
Assistant Professor